Monday, July 5, 2010

Toesies of the Month - July 2010

In 24 hours, my friend and I will officially be in the beautiful country of Greece!

Now, considering that we're planning to be mainly beach-side, and I've been convinced to get on a donkey (though I don't know if the donkey will let me get on it!) to check out Santorini's volcano, us girls had to do some prep for the vacation.

Aside from packing, there was waxing, calling banks and credit cards, photocopying important documents, and of course getting our nails did.

It's even more fitting that I wait to get my nails done with my friend, as she was the one who introduced me to the magical world of pedicures.

We used to go to this tiny little nail salon near Washington and Venice in Los Angeles (any of you who know your L.A. geography would note that this is in the area fondly remembered as "South Central").  There seemed to be more male nail technicians at this one location.  But the pedicures were a mere $12.  No spa chairs, but they did airbrushing for nail designs.

Though I've upgraded and have discovered the amazingness that is the spa chair, I still miss those cheap prices.

I didn't mention this in my post about my final days at work, but part of the memory book included a gift certificate to Brookline Natural Nails!  I had to laugh when I saw it, considering that I remember several people asking me about where I got my toes did.
Ready for Greece!
Top Color: Sephora by OPI - Mermaid to Order
Designed by Cathy at Brookline Natural Nails, Brookline, MA
Color:  OPI - Sonic Bloom
Occasion:  Greece, baby!
July 2010
This was definitely not a bad way to start our 4th of July celebrations in Boston.

We followed up our pedicures by going to another amazing place that my friend actually introduced me to while she was visiting me here.
I love the North End in the Summer!
Oh, Giacamo's Ristorante.  There's always a line here, so if you plan on eating here you should go when you're not hungry.  By the time you've gone through the line, you'll be hungry.
Butternut Squash Ravioli with diced asparagus
in a prosciutto mascarpone cheese cream sauce
Oh, pillows of heaven.  I know this is going to sound gross, but I'm just going to put this out there.  These delicious little pillows are just amazing to put on your mouth whole, then just let the flavor explosion take over your senses.  I have discovered that I really enjoy putting whole things in my mouth just for the explosion.  ("Shut yo mouth!"  "What?  I'm just talking about pillows of heaven!")

After we food-drunkenly exited the restaurant, we talked about how we were going through the different stages of grief.  But then, we ended our 4th of July evening on a roof deck in the Beacon Hill neighborhood area of Boston (across from the State House).
Gorgeous!
The couple that lives in this complex are fellow Californians, so it was nice to be among people we could relate to.
Sun setting.
After some more drinks, and making sure that I don't nick the pretty nails, I was able to enjoy the fireworks over the Charles River.
Can you just hear the patriotic music?
Purty!
Favorites!
So, Happy Independence Day Everyone!

I'll try to keep updating about our travels in Greece!!  Otherwise, I'll see you all on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. hey, you have really good pictures? im a new follower by the way.. keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...