Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sade at TD Bank Garden

For the boyfriend's early birthday present, I decided it was high time he got to see one of his favorite artists.

So, I got us tickets to see the one and only Sade!

At first, it didn't seem like he really wanted to go.  But since I bought the tickets, he didn't really have much of a choice.

Truth be told, I didn't actually splurge being that we're under a tight budget.  I also figured that since Sade's music is relatively mellow, that we wouldn't necessarily need to be so super up close.
Unfortunately, I only had the camera phone on me.
Boy, it definitely would have been worth it to buy at least 1 price range up!

Firstly, Sade doesn't really tour much at all.  I believe it's been at least 10 years since her last tour.  I know the boyfriend hadn't ever seen her perform, and he's been a fan for a long time. The fact that she doesn't tour much is a good enough reason on it's own to see her.

Secondly, the visuals of her performance were utterly amazing, not to mention the fact that Sade herself is pure beauty.
One of the many videos that played in the background
 during the songs. I believe this was for "Kiss of Life"

Can you believe she's 52 years old??? She looks amazing!  Honestly, she herself was breathtaking.
"Kiss of Life" with Sade in a gorgeous green dress in the video
She played some of her amazing hits, starting with "Soldier of Love" to "Smooth Operator" to "Jezebel" to "No Ordinary Love" and ending with "Cherish the Day."  Though I was exhausted and tired, it just felt so amazing to be in her presence.

She also moved around quite a bit, at one point taking the entire band to the stage left corner for an more intimate set.  She also had about 4 costume changes.
White gown
The only outfit I didn't get a picture of was her "Smooth Operator" outfit, which was suit pants, vest, and button-down shirt.
Lady in Red on a platform
The next time Sade comes through whatever town I happen to be living in, there will not be a question about whether I will see her or not.  There are so few performers who seem to really sing from the heart anymore, especially in such a vulnerable setting like an arena concert.  To bear so much in such a huge space can be daunting.  But Sade pulls it off with all the grace, beauty, and passion, without giving away too much of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...