Monday, August 15, 2011

Toesies of the Month - August 2011

In the height of summer, it was time to revisit one of my favorite nail colors.  Sonic Bloom by OPI is the perfect bluish-greenish color. It's good for playing up your summer tan.

I was feeling the need for some pampering, and really felt that going after my physical therapy (where I get a bit of a shoulder massage at the end) would be the best time.  The physical therapy office happens to be in the South End section of Boston, which meant that any nail place might be slightly more pricey.  But I was pretty impressed with Town's Nails & Skin Salon.

But I was pleasantly surprised by the pricing for how nice the salon is.  I believe the salon is fairly new, since the Google Maps Street View shows that it's still "Coming Soon."  But everything was very sleek and quite clean.

Also, I was expecting that the nail technician would bring me a bunch of sample designs.  But then, she just asked if I wanted flowers or lines.  I said lines, but that I didn't really care.  I was really also pleasantly surprised by the awesome design, though I'm more of a fan of mirror image designs.
Designed by Kimmy at City Nails & Spa
Color: OPI - Sonic Bloom
Occasion: Time up play up the tan
August 2011

Here's a better image of the design
So, high marks for City Nails & Spa.

I'm also just loving my nails right now.  They're making me feel relaxed and calm amidst a lot of turmoil.

Yes, I'm still uncertain about what my next employment venture will be, though I am still a part of the summer/after school program.  Yes, I'm still busy with different projects and social engagements, though I'm trying to be kinder to myself and my immune system. 

But, things have felt rather unstable, to say the least.  So, I guess my toes are reminding me that I'm still here, feet on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...