Saturday, November 26, 2011

Toesies of the Month - October and November 2011

Well, with October and November being what it is, I've slacked on posting my pedi's.  Luckily, I didn't slack on actually getting them done.

In the past 2 months, I've gotten pedicures as a mental preparation for some trips I was planning to take.
Designed by Kim at City Nails & Spa, South End, MA
Color:  OPI - Miso Happy With This Color & Essie - As Gold As It Gets
Occasion:  Las Vegas Trip
October 2011
close up of the detail
I really liked this pedicure.  I don't think I've ever gotten such a light pinky color on my toes before.  I have to admit, they looked pretty awesome amidst the palm trees in Vegas (I'll be writing about Vegas soon).
poolside at the Luxor
October's pedicure lasted a really good long while.  In fact, I probably didn't need to get another pedicure for November.  But, I needed to trade in my summer colors for a more fall color scheme.
Designed by Chan at City Nails & Spa, South End, MA
Color: China Glaze - Westside Warrior
Occasion: Thanksgiving
November 2011
These colors felt more appropriate for a trip to New York City for Thanksgiving (I will write about this soon as well!). It was actually kind of funny to watch this nail technician try to imitate her own nail design.  It seemed that she kept confusing herself because she tried to mirror what she had, but on my toes.

This is also one of the few times when I chose a nail color that was more matte.  I know I'm behind on this trend, but I've always liked the more sparkley colors.  But I love this shade of green, so naturally this made sense to me.

I actually realized as she was putting the color on that I will have to change my pedicure color to a French Tip for a show I'm going to be in.  I'm a little bummed that I didn't think about it early enough, but I'm not too bummed about another pedicure in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...