Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tosies of the Month - February 2012

It really has been way too long since I got a pedicure and manicure.  Way too long.  I feel like I've been saying that a lot...but it's true.

Since moving to a new neighborhood of Boston, I've kept my eyes peeled for a new nail place.  Luckily, there is one within a short walking distance from my new house.

The salon is called "Nails 2000."  It makes me wonder when they opened the nail salon.  Was it when 2000 hadn't arrived yet?  Was it in 2000?  Was it in homage to Conan O'Brien's "In the Year 2000" sketch?



I didn't learn the reason at all this trip...but I vow that one day I will know why.

Designed by the owner of Nails 2000, Jamaica Plain, MA
Color: Essie - Navigate Her
Occasion: Because I say so...and prep for St. Paddy's
February 2012
How funny is it that the nail color kind of reflects in the "Year 2000" video?

This color is totally funky.  And that nail design is totally funky.  I told the guy who did my toes to get creative once again.  But this time, it came out pretty neat.

The color is definitely in preparation for the Spring - even though it is basically here in Boston already.  But it's also part of Essie's Spring Collection 2012, which has a bit of a wanderlusty feel.

And boy, have I been wanderlusty.  From just wanting to travel to wanting to teach sexual health internationally, it's been on my mind as of late.

I was also in a definite self-care mood that day, because I not only asked for a mani and pedi, but I also got suckered into getting my eyebrows waxed.  Don't get me wrong, they're fabulous.  But it was just an extra bit of lovin' I gave to myself.

Perhaps I'll finish the sentiment with a body scrub?  Perhaps I'll finish the day with a bit of wine?    Perhaps while mapping out my next adventure while finding opportunities to do what I am passionate about?  Perhaps all of the above?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...