Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Toesies of the Month - July 2009

In honor of my makatíng toes and my travels, I wanted to share some of the awesome pedicure designs I love to get done.

Pedicures are the one self-care thing I like to give myself at least every month, no matter what the season. In the dark of winter in New England, depression and seasonal affective disorder are real things. If I can walk around with the slightest bit of cheer to keep me going - and they happen to be on the feet I walk on - then I'm set.



Recently, someone brought up the idea that some people think pedicure designs are "ghetto" and tacky, but that they have the potential to look quite cute. I think it takes some serious discipline to not only have to deal with pampering a wide variety of girls and their gnarly feet, but to then give them a little extra special something to walk away with. Not to mention that it takes a steady hand to do some of the intricate designs!

Yet, when people get compliments on their toes, they never give full credit to the people who took the time to design it. I would like to do a better job of giving credit to those who did the work as well.

So, I present to you the Toesies of the Month for July 2009!!!

Designed by Helena at Paradise Nails and Spa, Silverlake, CA
Color: OPI - Ecuadorable Coral
Occasion: Wedding
July 2009



Now, since I don't have the names of the other folks that did the designs, I will credit the salon I went to. Here are the past Toesies of the Month that I was able to take pictures of:

Dana's Nail Salon, Brighton, MA
Color: Sephora by OPI - Mermaid to Order
Occasion: Mermaid Parade
June 2009



Paris Model Nails, Brighton, MA
Color: China Glaze - Golden Meringue
Occasion: Warmer weather (which does not exist for too long in Boston)
May 2009

Close up, the little flowers almost looked like the Hawaiian islands! I joked with the designer about her telepathically knowing that I was going to Hawaii.
The extra foot in the picture belongs to Bill.
Designed by Dee Dee at Dana's Nail Salon, Brighton, MA
Color: China Glaze - Tempest
Occasion: Wedding in Honolulu, HI
January 2009



I wish I got a better picture of these toes! This was one of my absolute favorite designs, complete with little rhinestones! I looked all over for the exact same nail color because I loved it so and wanted to see it on my toes as often as I could get away with.
Gloss Nail Spa, Silverlake, CA
Color: OPI - Sonic Bloom
Occasion: Wedding
December 2007


Star's Nails, Allston, MA
Occasion: Christmas in L.A.
December 2006


Salon Not Remembered
April 2005 or 2006
This photo was taken on my birthday at Half Moon Bay, CA


Coming up next month:
You'll probably see me rocking some green toes once again!

1 comment:

  1. the gold one in the 3rd picture is my favorite! so pretty!

    and Helena's name in Vietnamese is Nga! but she didnt give me a "hey your name is Nga too!!" discount when i went....

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...