Monday, February 8, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automo-buses

Remember when I said that "movement" was my word for the year?

Well, I really didn't know how true that was going to be at the time.

Here's what I've done in the past weekend:
February 5th - Chinatown Bus to New York City
February 6th - Chinatown Bus to Boston
February 7th - Flight to Los Angeles (til the 17th, when the boyfriend and I fly back to Boston on a red eye)

I know you're thinking, "Where's the train in all of that?"

I'd like you  to consider Boston's MBTA system, the T.  As the first active subway system in the U.S, I'd say it counts as the "train."

Seeing that it's really been one stressful couple of months, and with all the traveling I've been doing, I've really lacked a lot of sleeping in.  But, luckily, I'm one of those people who can easily knock out in a moving vehicle.  So, I've counted a lot on falling asleep during my travels just to keep my energy levels up.

Maybe it's from long drives around Los Angeles and California.  When my brother was a baby, we used to all get into a car just to lull my brother to sleep.  Apparently, it stuck with me as well.

I asked my psychiatrist auntie about whether there was a name for that phenomenon, and she told me it was motion sickness!  Not the worst version of motion sickness, considering that I could be throwing up all the time instead.

Even as I write this post, I'm feeling like I need to take a serious nap - which, after all the stress I've been encountering and all the traveling I've been doing, I'm gifting myself for all my hard work.  Napping is not something that I can do as easily for some reason.  Maybe I'll ask my sister to drive me around the block.  Maybe I'll just get cozy in the blanket my grandmother used.

So, I will leave you with some sights I've captured during my travels thus far.

Sunrise Over Logan

Clouds Over California

Live Music and Drugged Out College Kids at Park St. Station


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...