Thursday, March 11, 2010

Toesies of the Month - March 2010

If you know anything about me, you know that green is my absolute favorite color.  Often, people will realize this after they see that I consistently wear different shades of green, which match certain shoes and most of my bags.

With St. Patrick's Day in a week, I'm starting to get pretty excited.  I'm not remotely Irish, nor do I take the entire day to stumble through the streets of Boston drunk off my tookus (like the rest of the city does).  But it's fun to see all these folks decked out in their greens, enjoying themselves.

So naturally, I would be painting my toes green this month.
Designed by Kim at Hollywood Nails & Skin, Boston, MA
Color:  SEPHORA by OPI - Leaf Him at the Altar
Occasion:  St. Paddy's
March 2010

I literally squealed out loud when I saw this color on Sephora's webpage.  I even called ahead to the store just to reserve the color just in case it ran out before I could get there.

Clearly, the name of the polish and the timing of its availability signals the upcoming arrival of Spring.  Interestingly, even the design the nail technician chose (a butterfly) is very Spring-themed.  But its name itself is feeling very poignant for me as well.

Last weekend, I attended a Wedding Expo for my night job.  There were moments when I realized that I was trying to see if there's a type of girl that gets married.  Do they wear their hair a certain way?  Are they a specific height?  Are they a specific type of personality?  Maybe they just say to themselves, "I'm going to get married now," and it happens?

Goodness, who knows...I do know that the ladies who where there, looking for the perfect photographer, cakes, or whatever for the MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THEIR LIVES, are there because it's what's right for them.

I must say though, I would go to another Wedding Expo just for the cake samples.  But, it just felt even more so that that scene is just not for me.  I like the poofy dresses and all, but it just didn't feel practical for me. 

I don't know what it's like for the rest of you, but I CANNOT WAIT for warmer weather!

I've been very fortunate that I've been in Los Angeles for huge portions of the winter, though the reasons themselves have not been very fortunate.  But this past week has just been milder, providing a huge teaser to the upcoming change in seasons.

Okay...so I'm going to gush about my kitty some more.

Every since she's been here, it's literally like a whole new world.  Everything just seems brighter, more pleasant.  I almost cannot talk about how much I love her because I get teary-eyed.  I can't believe she hasn't even been here for 2 weeks, but it feels like she's been part of our lives forever.

She is our Spring.
What do you think of my new pedicure, Yoni?
Yoni approves!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Freaking adorable. This post reminds me that I need to get my toes done, though. As for a wedding...I like the idea of big traditional weddings but I don't think that's for me, either.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...