Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tosies of the Month - January 2011

Woot! First pedicure of the year!

I had my day all planned out today.  In the morning, I had a 2nd interview at one job I'm really interested in, and then I had another interview at 5pm.  Instead of going back home, I decided to just stay in the downtown area.

After my interview in the morning and grabbing some lunch, I ended up going to see Disney's Tangled, FINALLY!  Loved it!  Totally teared up, but tried not to mess up my interview makeup.

By the time the movie was over, I still had some time to kill before my interview.  As I walked around, I felt some wetness on my coat.  My water bottle had leaked!  My resume's and note paper were a bit damp in the corners!  How completely unprofessional!

Luckily, I was on my way to the nail salon, and I figured that being in a warm place would help to dry it out a bit.

As I was getting my nails done, I get a phone call from the person I would meet with at 5.  She wanted to reschedule!  Wow!  While I was eager to talk with her, I was happy to know that I wouldn't have to face embarrassment by showing up with a damp bag.

It's always a gamble to get a pedicure in the winter time.  Whenever I've gone to get a pedicure, it seems like I'm usually the only one, while the rest of the patrons come in for a manicure - and that was the case again today.  But, we all know how much I rely on them for my self-care.

So, the last time I was in the downtown area, I went to a new nail place.  But this time, I went to one that I had been to before.  And I wasn't disappointed.
Designed by Vi at Galaxy Nail & Spa, Boston, MA
Color:  OPI - Bikini Envy
Occasion: Feeling Positive and Wearing My Power Color!
January 2011
Here's a closeup of the design.
I told the lady to do whatever she wanted.
It's like a wallpaper design!
I wasn't sure how the color would look on me.  But I like how bright it is.  And it actually kind of matches my new coat!

I'm definitely liking the colorful outlook.  I'm hoping my toes will remind me of it when I'm not feeling so colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...