Saturday, October 29, 2011

Book Review: "Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale" by Carolyn Turgeon

Hi All!

I just got back from Vegas late last night, and I have to gush about this book.  I began it right before I left for Vegas, and finished it on my stop-over back.  I literally had to hold back from weeping right there in the terminal.  It's a beautiful book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves Hans Christian Andersen's "The Little Mermaid."  Here's my review on Goodreads.com.



Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic TaleMermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely loved this twist on Andersen's story! I'm not a fast reader by any means. But I couldn't put this book down! The story becomes more rich with the addition of the Princess' point of view, and it just changed my perspective on the entire story. This is definitely one of my new favorite books!



I also highly recommend checking out her blog: IAmAMermaid.com

I kind of want to read the book all over again, just in case I missed something the first time.
*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...