Friday, June 12, 2009

Sorry, but I really don't like dentists....

****UPDATE June 12, 7:10pm****

So, let me rethink the title a bit....it's not the actual people behind the dentist....those people I really can be cool with....not that attractiveness has anything to do with it like at the Brookline Gentle Dental.....

I just don't like how sadistic dentists are.....admit it, you guys are sadists....there's nothing necessarily wrong with it...except that we're not necessarily consenting to it, other than we have absolutely no choice - we suffer either way.



So...apparently, this was only part 1. The doctor found that I had an infection and the tooth (Number 2 in the top back right, for you..dentists....) was basically dead. So, she cleaned it up inside, and they'll be removing the root on the 22nd. Why so long from now???, I wanted to say. But I couldn't...because the whole right side of my face was numb and I felt like everyone on the street saw me as a humped-face freak......

I managed to make it back to work......then the Novocaine started wearing off.....
I took one 800mg pill of Ibuprofin...but it wasn't working an hour and a half later....Luckily, I didn't trust the interwebs at this point, and I tearfully asked Gretchen if I could have another pill. After I calmed down and told her my diagnosis, Gretchen proceeded to explain to me what the doctor actually did, and how it all works. She even drew me a little diagram with a Sharpie and a tissue paper! I wish I wasn't in so much pain because I would have remembered to take it to show to you all :)

So...now, the boyfriend and I are getting ready to go to Pink Maritni. The 1600mgs of Ibuprofin are helping, but I can still feel some sensitivity. I know I'm not supposed to take more than 2400mgs in 24 hours.....but I'm not going to let the pain keep me from enjoying this:



***********************

today it is raining....

today is the root canal...

interestingly enough, the boyfriend had a root canal on Wednesday...
and he is still alive....so...that's always good....

here's hoping I get just as lucky....

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! i can post a comment!!

    aw CECI!!!!!

    i hope you are feeling better!! i cant wait to see yoU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...