Monday, May 31, 2010

Talking Tunes - "Pinball Number Count" by The Pointer Sisters

In this very special episode of Talking Tunes, I wanted to share something I recently learned.

Okay, class, who here watched/still watches Sesame Street?  Do you remember that awesome sequence of singing and counting?  Lo and behold, it was sung by no other than the Pointer Sisters, who also sang some of your favorites such as "Jump (For My Love)," "I'm So Excited," and "Yes We Can Can."





Now, I know there isn't any actual talking in the song.  But counting is pretty significant.  It's a song about counting, for goodness sakes!  Once in a while, this song gets lodged in my brain, usually when I'm needing to actually count past 12.

If you already knew that the Pointer Sisters were responsible for this earworm, I hope you enjoyed reliving it.  For those who are newly learning this, I hope you've enjoyed this blast from the past with your new-found knowledge about how flippin' awesome the Pointer Sisters actually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...