In the midst of all that is happening right now (some of which you know about, i.e. Greece, and some of which you don't know about but will learn of soon in an upcoming post), I'm trying to figure out and hold on to the things I feel passionate about.
This week's 8Things Thursday is about just that: passion. Where do you find it? Is it cultivated from childhood? Does it change with age or experience? Is there such a thing as too much of it?
I know what I am passionate about, and I will list it below. In my search for love, I've always felt that I would want my partner to feel passionate about something as well, something outside of themselves.
Being a social worker/community organizer, I've thought about whether I would be able to date someone who has the same level of passion for a cause. If our causes matched, then I could imagine myself being very happy, but also tiring of it since I wouldn't be able to rest my passions even for a moment. If our passions were different, I think it would be exciting, but I also wonder about whether we would end up having time for each other outside of our separate passions.
Nonetheless, I do know that I would want my partner to feel passionate about something. Whether that be politics or music, I want their eyes to shine and their speech excite at something other than me and the relationship.
These are the things that make my eyes shine.
1. Working with kids. An upcoming post will explain more soon. But to say the least, it is amazing to see the young folks do things better than the adults would do.
2. The ocean. Swimming in it, being around it, sitting and watching the sunset (on the West Coast, of course).
3. Yoni and Mencken. Never did I think that I would be a proud mama to two kitties. I feel that my life is so much better with them in my life, and I would probably go crazy on anyone who tries to hurt them.
5. Dance, dance, dance. So, this is cheating, as it is an extension of music. Being able to choreograph or perform for others helps me feel so energized. I am proud to be able to use my body in such a wonderful way.
6. My camera. I love to be able to capture the strangest or most beautiful things at a moments notice. Sharing is caring after all.
8. Being a tiny speck. Though I'm not in any way religious, I know that I am just a tiny speck in the scheme of things. There are people, ideas, unknown things outside me that I will never know about. But the least I can do is leave my little area a little better than when I found it.
|I'm one of those people!|