Sunday, February 20, 2011

Simple Pleasures Sundays - Recognition

One of the neat things that the boyfriend is into is old movies.  On this lovely but cold Sunday, he saw that How the West was Won was just starting on the Encore westerns channel.

It features quite a lot of awesome movie stars, like James Stewart, Debbie Reynolds, Gregory Peck, and of course, John Wayne.  There are definitely parts of the movie that make me glad to be a woman in today's day and age.  But, it is quite an adventure-filled movie.

Now, the fun thing about watching the older movies is to recognize some faces and voices.  There were two characters in this movie whose voices were so absolutely familiar to me, but it took me a bit of time to place them. 

After a while, I realized that the two voices were voices from Disney movies!  Both were in Robin Hood, one was the voice of one of the Vulture guards keeper and the other was the voice of Friar Tuck.

Sometimes I really enjoy playing this game with myself.  I'm usually pretty good about recognizing faces and voices.  But if I get stumped, I refuse to head right to IMDB.com.  I will try to figure it out for the rest of the movie, if need be!  I'm just that stubborn.

There is just some simple satisfaction from recognizing people on my own.  Absolutely satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...