Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2 Year Blogoversary on My Parents' 30th Anniversary with 30 Days of Creativity

Today is quite an auspicious day, if I do say so myself.

On June 1st, 1981, my amazing parents became husband and wife.  Thirty years later, they have 3 *pretty awesome* kids, a beautiful home, and a loving marriage.

I joked the other day to the boyfriend (though it was more of a "hint hint"), that part of the reason why they've stayed together for so long is because they Swiffer the house every day.

But in all seriousness, the fact that they both take responsibility for the household and for their kids is generally a strong indicator of the strength of a marriage.  I told them about my joke, and after they laughed they also agreed.

So, for the love of my parents, here's part 1 of my creative item.
Boston, MA
June 1, 2011
On June 1, 2009, I was inspired to create a blog and write my first blog post about all the changes I've been going through in my late 20s.

There's been a lot of ups and downs and lots of changes.  But I'm glad to say that I haven't stopped looking up at the clouds and in the ocean for inspiration.

I've gone on a couple of trips, and I've participated in a couple of other blog events.  My blog has changed and grown, and still continues to change and grow.  But I really enjoy working on it, both on the design and on writing posts.

I'm not trying to get famous or anything.  My brain is just full of different things, and this has been one of the best places for my regurgitation.

So, for the love of my blog, here's part 2 of my creative item.
Boston, MA
June 1, 2011
Outside of the One World One Heart events, I've not actually participated in a month-long event where I have to post every single day.  I will definitely try my best to do so for the 30 Days of Creativity event.

This month is bound to be an interesting one.  Between attempting to work 40 hours at City Hall, continuing subbing at the after school then going full time at their summer program, pushing to keep my side job appointments, among trying to have a social life and continue going to dance class...well, this month is going to be full.

Though it might not seem like I need another thing on my plate, I really think the 30 Days of Creativity will help to keep me grounded and sane.

Happy June Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how I was so far behind on your blog! Oops!

    Happy Anniversary to your parents!
    Happy Blogiversary!

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...