Saturday, December 19, 2009

Unemployment Files: Not the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

As if things weren't any more difficult, another thing gets piled on to the list of things that just aren't going well.  I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's because I'm the bad luck that's walking around.  I don't want to be all negative about this, so I'm going to get that part out of the way.  I promise to end on a more positive note.

Let's review the facts, shall we?

  • My boyfriend's dad had pneumonia in April (but he's okay now).
  • Root canals for both my boyfriend and me at the same time in June/July.
  • Friends having lots of health issues throughout the summer.
  • September brought on the last month of full pay for me.
  • Friends' relationships have been ending in disappointing ways (one involving infidelity and possible divorce).
  • My grandmother was admitted into the hospital due to kidney issues.
Now, my boyfriend lost his job...so close to the holidays!

All of this stuff seemed to start happening in April, soon after my birthday.  I don't know if getting older means that more bad/sad/disappointing things happen, but I'm hoping that this is just how 2009 wants to do things.

I feel like the unemployment experience in Boston is a whole different blog, but managing 2 different blogs is difficult enough.


So, it'll be adjustment.  I'm trying not to think too much of all the uncertainties - How are we going to pay rent, bills, etc?  What does this mean for our life in Boston?  What will he decide to do?  Is he going to get extremely depressed (I know I'm a social worker...but I'm not a clinical social worker...it'd be a horrible idea...)?

Weirdly, I feel like my boyfriend getting fired is a blessing in disguise.  He hated it at his job!  What's the point of that?  I feel like this is such a sign for him to find his passion as the changes in my job were also a sign for me.

One thing for sure:  I'm looking forward to the end of 2009.



1 comment:

  1. Babe, it will going to come together! It always does...just ride it out and you know you're bloggys buds are always here :D

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...