Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Boot Camp - Week 2

Today, I had the pleasure of waking up at 5 am to prepare for my second session of boot camp, after having an incredibly horrible night of sleep.

I wish I knew what it was that was keeping me up.  My brain was just racing last night.  I was thinking of boot camp, I was thinking about making it on time, I was thinking about my lack of money, I was thinking about my diet, and then some.

I got up, being extremely nervous about going to boot camp with the very little sleep I got.  I thought that maybe I should go on Friday instead.  But I didn't want to make any silly excuses to not go.

This week's session started at 6:30 instead of the usual 6.  Also, the Foundation Bootcamp group (which I'm part of) was combined with the Intermediate Bootcamp group (which has a larger number of people).

So, perhaps because the leader wanted to keep it challenging for the Intermediate group, while allowing the Foundation group to push themselves according to their level, today was a very difficult day.

There was a lot more running.  Running to the outdoor park, running to one side of a field, running from one marker to another and then performing an exercise on the ground while not trying to touch or lay down on dog poop, sprinting from one marker to the other, running back to the other side of the field, and then running (or in my case, attempting to run) 5 times up and down a set of stairs.

These stairs to be exact.
You can't really see it, but there are about 5 sets of steps going up
and some more steps on the right you can't see that we ran down.
Then we jogged back to the bottom of the stairs to start over.
By the second set, I could feel my inner thighs burning.  I wasn't even trying to run the stairs.  No freakin' way.  I was just trying to keep breathing and pushing and climbing those stairs.

I kind of had Cake's "Going the Distance" in my head while I was running.


There's definitely something to be said for adding music to your workout.  One woman had her music blaring during her workout, and last week a group leader for the Intermediate Bootcamp group had music playing on a radio.

I might create a workout playlist for next week - if not for listening while working out, definitely for the early morning ride over.

1 comment:

  1. I have some songs that definitely keep me motivated - I'll send you my newest play list. Great job honey! :D

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...