Thursday, March 17, 2011

Toesies of the Month - March 2011

Though you all know how much I try to stay true to my monthly self-care pedicure, I just couldn't swing it financially and time wise.

I did, however, make an appointment for a well-deserved and much-needed massage at Mind Your Body.  Waking up sore from my second session of boot camp, my body was just aching for some pampering and releasing of tension.

So, this month, instead of going to get a pedicure, I attempted to do my own pedicure.

I'm somewhat flexible, so I can reach my toes.  But for some reason, I have issues trying to reach my right foot.  I guess I'm more flexible on my left side than my right side, even though I'm right handed.

What I'm trying to say is that this month's pedicure was really just a polish change, and it's definitely not salon quality.  Definitely no fancy designs.

Naturally, this month being the month of St. Patrick's Day and the Spring Equinox, my toes HAVE to be green.

Luckily, I got a present from my *sparkly* friend in the form of a deliciously green and sparkly nail polish.
Nails by Me!
Color: Zoya - Ivanka (Thanks Samantha!)
Occasion: St. Paddy's and Spring!
March 2011
I had several things on my plate today.  So, I had the pleasure of planning 2 Greenie outfits!

My day outfit was casual, with a cute top I got in Greece, jeans, and flats.  I brought my coat thinking it might still be a bit chilly, but today was gorgeous!  So warm (high 50's...I know.......I know.....)!

My night outfit needed to be a bit more dressy, as I was volunteering at a nonprofit event.  The dress had a dark green trim and I wore a green tank underneath.  I also donned some green glitter on my eyes and a BIG white rose with green feathers.  Naturally, I had to show off my toes, not caring if it might get colder by the time I go home.  I had to show off my toesies today.
As I rode home on the T (Green Line naturally) from the event, surrounded by other folks wearing my color, I had to say that I was proud that I wasn't some poser.  Most of my outfits are green, and it's been that way since I was able to choose my clothes.

I worried a little bit about being associated with some of the drunken idiots that were riding alongside me.  But I was dressed relatively normally, whereas the others were sporting green wigs, green bead necklaces, green clover hair clips, and a specific-shade-of-green shirt.

The rest of them used the color and the holiday as a reason to drink a little more than usual.  I had the commitment to my color, and had an amazing day without a drop of alcohol.

But now it's time to rest these toesies under my green blanket.

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous green nails! and dress! for st. paddy's day, i wore my lime green coach hobo bag.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...