Sunday, March 25, 2012

29 Til 30 - Overnight Babysitting

Some of my dear friends are already having adorable little babies.  It's amazing to me.  I've always been in awe of the power that women's bodies have to hold a little life inside of it.  Ever since I was a child, I knew that I wanted to be a mother one day.

But that time hasn't come, nor am I rushing into it at this point.

And yet, I've always wanted a bit of practice taking care of a baby.  I finally got my chance this weekend when my friends were out of town for a wedding.

I got the chance to babysit overnight, which meant that I was solely in charge of bathing, feeding, and changing.  If I were to play the "Never Have I Ever" game before last Saturday night, I would have said that "never have I ever changed a diaper."

But as of today, I've changed 2 diapers!
It's a weird thing to be proud of.  But I'm DAMN PROUD that I successfully changed a baby's diaper!  I was so proud, in fact, that I proceeded to sing my own rendition of "Like a Boss" to the baby.  He enjoyed it, I'm pretty sure.





It's definitely not a normal item on anyone's bucket list.  But for someone maternal like me, it makes sense...sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...