Monday, September 20, 2010

Plans for Unemployment

In a couple of weeks, I will be officially 1 year into unemployment.   I will then have to try to reapply for unemployment if I am still unemployed.

There's really quite a chance that I will still be unemployed in the beginning of October.

In recent news, however, I had a great first interview last Wednesday!  I felt extremely confident during and after the interview.  It is a part time and temporary position, though, and I'm nervous about what will happen if I am suddenly offered a great job opportunity with benefits while I am still substituting. 

I have another job interview for a full-time position this Wednesday, and I'm feeling very confident about this job as well.  I do finally feel like things are starting to happen, and I'm very happy about that.

All this time has really taught me that I need to keep busy.  I really should have been trying to do more in my side job in the past year, but now I'm trying my best to build it up.

I'm also realizing that while I have been unemployed, I have also been very busy.  With all the dancing, shows, parties, gatherings with friends, I've really had a lot on my calendar.  It's both exciting and fascinating to know that there's so much happening, and it makes me feel like a more useful human being.

My Arsenal of Time Management
So, I am now making a point to start "working" my time as though I am employed.  In a way, it's a "fake it til you make it" stance, though I am honestly filling up my calendar quite consistently.  I'm going to start using my calendar to make to-do lists for every day, and that list will include items for my side job as well as looking for and applying to jobs.

Okay, ready?  Let's go!

1 comment:

  1. planners and post-its and lists?! OH MY!

    that's just about my favorite picture ever :)

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...