Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Toesies of the Month - September 2010

I was very eager to get my nails done again after messing them up last month.  I was also willing to try a new nail salon, but as luck would have it, I was near a familiar spot.

When I entered Dana's Nail Salon, I was prepared with my own nail polish that I brought in, thinking that I would do a dark green.  But I always like seeing if there are new colors that I would like to try on in the next couple of months.  I spotted a sparkly teal color, picked it up, and completely fell in love with it.

Later on, as I was looking through some design samples, I surprised myself by settling on none other than a flower design.  At this point, I'm pretty sick of flower designs, though they seem to be the most common probably because they're the easiest.  Nonetheless, I knew that the folks at Dana's would do a good job at making the flower design anything but common.
Designed by Ken and Nina, Dana's Nail Salon, Brighton, MA
Color:  OPI - Catch Me In Your Net
Occasion:  Friend's Wedding Celebration
September 2010
I liked the color so much that I also got a mani with them.
I already have an idea that the nail technicians at Dana's think I'm a little crazy because I always choose crazy colors.  But I just couldn't help myself with this color.

I definitely feel like I need to add this color to my growing arsenal of pretty colors, though I'm sure I have one that's exactly the same shade minus the sparkles.

Luckily, this color matched my outfit perfectly for my friend's wedding celebration.
Matching outfit and nails
Though a lot of people assumed that I was trying to be really mermaid-y with this outfit, I was actually trying to wear peacock colors (note the peacock feather headband) in honor of my married friend.  I was excited to dress up for her party, and I was honored to do some belly dance for her and her husband.

I wanted to talk a little bit about how much I enjoyed their wedding celebration.

Firstly, they were already married on July 4th.  Secondly, this party seemed to be a group effort.  There was a BBQ potluck the night before, the desserts were all from various guests, the entertainment was provided by the guests, and the music was planned out by the couple.  The food was a variety of tacos, Ethiopian food, and Moroccan food.  It was delicious!  Everything was delicious!

During the ring exchange, people were invited to say a couple of words to the couple, and everyone was so heartfelt and genuinely happy.  The celebration just seemed so relaxed and fun.  While there was a schedule of events, it didn't feel as though the evening was stuffed or that the event was stuffy.  It was really just chill, and that made the guests feel more chill.

There's usually so much hoopla involved with wedding celebrations, that I always feel exhausted by the end of the evening.  But I felt completely energized by this party and just so happy for the two of them.

Here's hoping more wedding parties are like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...