Sunday, October 10, 2010

Simple Pleasures Sundays - Weekend Tunes

When I was a child, some of my fondest memories are from driving with my parents.  In particular, I loved listening to the radio with my parents.

On Saturday mornings, after swim class at the YMCA in Hollywood, we would often head to McDonald's or order pizza.  But it's the moments of getting to the next place that were the most wonderful. 

On the radio on Saturdays, one of the stations would play Big Band music and Jazz.  It just felt so relaxing and like everything was as it should be as we drove through the city back to our home.

Because of my parents, I was exposed to such a wide variety of music.  From Big Band to The Beatles.

Today, on weekends, I often crave those simple moments with my parents again.  Being on the other side of the country, I've had to create my own moments.  So, on weekend mornings, the boyfriend and I will often turn to one of the Music Choice channels that's labeled "Singers and Swing."

I just love the feeling that everything is alright, and for some reason that classic kind of music helps to put me at ease.

Being that October 9th was John Lennon's 70th Birthday, I figure it would be appropriate to share a Beatles song written and sung by John in the Big Band style.  Happy Birthday, John!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...