Thursday, October 21, 2010

Toesies of the Month - October 2010

So, I folded.  I decided, you know what, I've had 2 job interviews this week, and I've been really good about not spending extra amounts of money outside of paying back my bills.  I deserve a freakin' pedicure.

I decided to go to Dana's Nail Salon in Brighton, a place I'm familiar with and like because of their nail design skills.

Today, unfortunately, must have been kind of an off day or something.

It's always funny to me that when I walk into the place, they all start speaking Vietnamese to each other, possibly about how I always get green or blue or other funky colors and about how I always get a design.  I know this not because I actually understand Vietnamese, but because they say "green" and "design" in English.  Today, they said "design."

The massage function of the chair I was sitting in wasn't turned on, and I was too lazy to ask for it to be turned on.

The nail technician was a man, which isn't so uncommon in Dana's, but the whole thing felt a bit rushed, though I was the only person in the shop for most of it.  I almost wonder if you could turn it into a sexual analogy, but I'll stop myself before I get there.

Basically, the only great thing is that the nail color is absolutely beautiful!  Thank you to my friend, Samantha, for the bottle!
Designed by Andy, Dana's Nail Salon, Brighton, MA
Color: Sephora by OPI: Mermaid to Order
Occasion: Long overdue self-care session
October 2010

So, I have absolutely no idea what the guy was going for when he designed my nails.  Absolutely no idea.  Maybe he was going for a leaf sort of motif?  Maybe he was feeling a bit abstract?  Maybe he was using the blank slate of my nails to let out some of his frustration?

What do you all think it's supposed to be?

I mean, I would have been happy with polka dots or wavy lines or whatever.  But, nonetheless, the colors are really pretty together.

It felt great to be able to give myself some leeway and decide that I was going to celebrate 2 days of job interviews by getting myself a pedicure.  And not just any job interviews, but really well done job interviews.

I know that I was energetic, friendly, and absolutely qualified for the 2 jobs I applied to.  I'm definitely still thinking about taking advantage of both of them just to help make my bank account feel less empty and to help pay off bills.

For the front desk job at the gym, I'm really hoping I can use my Saturday and Sunday mornings to work that job.  For the Program Manager position at the Center for Adult Education, I know that my weekdays will once again feel full and profitable.

At this point, I'm just crossing my fingers and my newly painted toes.

1 comment:

  1. Awww the color looks fabu! I'm so glad you liked it! <3 I like the design, but I admit...it's abstract for sure, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...