Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Rush

I don't know what it is about the holidays that makes the days just completely blur by.

Whenever the first of the month hits, I'm never ever prepared for it.  The sad part is that I usually never remember that it's the first of the month until I'm waiting for the T and realize I don't have an updated pass.
T-pass! Git yer T-pass here!
This December 1st seemed to start off in a similar fashion.  I'm lucky that I have an extra T-pass that has some cash on it for when friends have visited.  But I was nearly in a panic as the bus showed up, and I wasn't sure if I would have enough to get me where I needed to go and back.

As December 1st closed, I realized that the month has basically gone by in a flash just from booking and planning different events throughout the month.

This first weekend is going to be crazy busy!

Friday:  Dress Rehearsal for Raks Nativity
Saturday:  Raks Nativity show, then a dance gig at a friend's birthday party
Sunday:  Bizarre Bazaar, then an Athena's party

I have to admit that I started feeling nervous about how well this upcoming weekend is going to go, especially when I realized that I ran and got on the wrong bus.

But on the other hand, it's extremely exciting that things feel like they're busy and productive.

There are days when I wake up, and just lay in bed for a couple minutes almost dreading all the free time.  Though I know I have a lot of different things to do (like work on my nonprofit idea, or apply for jobs, or work on my Athena's stuff, or practice dance, or work out), it just feels difficult working without a schedule.

I'm still trying to write my own schedule, but it feels so strange.  I know most people would kill for a chance like this.  I'm really quite appreciative that I actually have time to actually fill up, as opposed to being so busy that I don't even have time to hang with my boyfriend.

But it still doesn't necessarily fix my lack of financials.

Still, and I know I'm starting to ramble a bit here, I'm quite excited to have such a busy weekend - one in which I will be making money.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...