Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Survival

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I've already seen Christmas trees on top of cars and all lit up in apartment windows.  Hanukkah is right around the corner, and the Winter Solstice is already showing itself in the dimming daylight.

I have to admit that the crisp air has already made me crave snow.  I'm super excited about all the holiday parties and get-togethers.  But, I'm also quite excited about the holiday shopping.

Now, the shopping is probably the part that will get me in trouble.  I know I shouldn't even be thinking about it, considering that my funds are unbelievably low right now.  But, as you'll see from my Holiday Shopping Calendar, there are some amazing events taking place.

For the most part, I'm going to limit myself to 3 events that are consistently fruitful in the gift-giving arena.  In chronological order, I am planning to hit up:
As you can see, I really like the handmade, local and/or small business, one-of-a-kind type of gifts.  I love some of the imagination that I see in all the crafts that I come across at these events.

I promise that I will try not to overdo it when I attend these events.  I will make my rounds, and then I will purchase.  I can't make any promises on any cute things that I want to keep for myself, though. *grin*

Otherwise, I have worked on creating another Holiday Survival Plan that shouldn't cost me much of anything.  It mainly involves listening to holiday music (which I'll admit I started listening to the week before Thanksgiving), hilarious and uplifting movies, and generally keeping cozy.

I'm really looking forward to the holidays, with all the merriment, togetherness, and cheer.  Even though it's going to be a bit of a challenge to not grab up every cute item I come across, I'm feeling quite confident about my Holiday Survival Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...