Friday, November 19, 2010

Mermaid Collages: Treasures

In the past several days, I've finally sat down and played around with Polyvore.com.  That site is somewhat addicting.

Firstly, you get to be really creative and have fun with the clips.  Secondly, you can "clip" images from public websites (like Old Navy, for example, which is where I got stuff from my first Polyvore set).  Thirdly, it's like making collages - but without the need for wasting paper.

So, I present to you, my first collage via Polyvore.



What do you treasure?  Wealth, Freedom, or Love?  How about all of the above?

It's a bit inspired by my current unemployment state. 

Concerning wealth, I've still got a lot of thinking and convincing to do with myself, especially in terms of my financial situation.  I realized that I have this opportunity with my "side job" to really profit from it.  Why haven't I continued to pursue it?  Why should acquiring a day job prevent me from continuing to pursue it?

Concerning freedom, the fact that I've been at home without a schedule has made me feel like I am less able to handle spontaneity.  And that makes this Aries Taurus Cusp a bit depressed.  I need to really re-frame my way of thinking and really take advantage of my "free time" to really build my small business and work on my future dreams.

Concerning love, I am lucky to have people who love me in my life.  But I'm in the search for a lifestyle that I can love.  I know it's so available to me, yet I've hesitated, almost as if I'm waiting to get approval from others around me.  I know I know what I love, and it's time to just go for it.

It's a start, right?

My goodness, Polyvore is like going shopping for things you can never actually afford, but then being able to play with them!  I'm looking forward to creating some more sets of things as well as using it as a creative and mental-emotional outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...