Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simple Pleasures Sundays - Looking Up


It's definitely true that the time we start appreciating something is usually when we no longer have it or don't have to ability to do it.

With my shoulder pain in the past 2 weeks, I haven't had the same range when it comes to turning my head.  After a certain point, I have to turn the rest of my body to look to either side of me or to look high up.

The worst part is that it wakes me up in the middle of the night.  When I shift around, I need to use my left hand to move my right shoulder up with me.  In the morning, it just feels so stiff and painful.

Strangely, I'm still able to work out quite a bit, and not really limit myself.  In fact, it almost helps to loosen up whatever happens to be stuck in my shoulder.  It's almost motivating me to work out.

At this point, I really have a new found appreciation for the different directions that my head can move in.

But my favorite direction is looking upwards.

I'm a huge fan of looking at clouds, watching them move across the sky, and taking pictures of them.  I think I might actually start posting pictures of the clouds I fall in love with.

The other day, the boyfriend and I were walking to Trader Joe's, and I pointed out to him that one of the fun things about all the leaves falling (besides the obvious crunch factor) is that the birds nests are exposed and you can see which trees have more "life."

He said that he had never noticed that, but that it's such a positive way to look at it.  It honestly struck me by surprise.  Doesn't everyone like looking up and seeing what's in the sky?
How many nests do you see?

I definitely encourage you to start if you haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...