Friday, April 13, 2012

10 Til 30 - Institute for Contemporary Art

The Institute for Contemporary Art in Boston has been hosting a series about colors called "Roy G. Biv: A Series of Colorful Evenings."  They spend a whole evening on one color in the rainbow, featuring mini-lectures, installations, and performances.

I obviously had to go on the night when they focused on the color green!

I wish I could have taken more pictures.  But being that it was a museum, I couldn't exactly snap a bunch of photos.

I had never actually been to the ICA before this day.  The area used to be all industrial, but it's been somewhat revived by restaurants, a music venue, and the museum.  When I first arrived, as I waited for a friend to join me, I stood outside of the museum, which is right on the waterfront.  I took a deep breath, and I realized how long it had been since I was by the ocean.

I was instantly calmed after a somewhat stressful couple of weeks, and I could just feel my body relax.  I knew I had been away from my element for too long.

It was actually exactly what needed.  Being by the ocean, and then being surrounded by green art and others dressed in green.  It was awesome.  I wish I could explain more about how soothing it felt.

It was definitely a reminder that I shouldn't be away for too long from things that make me feel rooted.  I definitely need to be by the ocean more often this year. I will probably try to make more visits to the ICA as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...