Tuesday, April 17, 2012

6 Til 30 - "Too Old For This"

The phrase "I'm too old for this" popped into my head today.

It was in reference to one of the kids in the after school having a tantrum.  Boy!  Do I have a hard time dealing with little kid tantrums.  I actually just don't have the patience for unreasonable behavior.

I know...I know...it's just a kid.  But you know, if only 1 child acts like that...I refuse to be another person in their life who just lets it happen.  Luckily, I know that my co-group leader feels the same way.

When this thought popped into my head, it did make me think some more about the direction of my life.  I just can't be at the after school, and not using my MSW nor gaining new skills. 

I have to add that not only am I too old for this, but I've worked too hard just to be where I am right now.

With the extra time I'm going to have on my hands in the next upcoming months before the summer program kicks in, I'm going to try to refocus on some of the things I would like to accomplish in my 30's - like traveling more and working on a business plan.

1 comment:

  1. I remember I was out shopping with my little girl one time (she was 4 or 5) and she asked for a box of cookies, and when I told her we couldn't get it because it wasn't on sale, she understood and just kept shopping.

    THEN a woman praised the fact that she didn't throw a tantrum. I always find it odd that good behavior is no longer seen as the norm.

    ReplyDelete

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...