Friday, April 20, 2012

3 Til 30 - Vagina Monologues Opening Night


The Vagina Monologues premiered tonight.  It was our opening night.

This is the first time I've ever done anything like this.  I've danced on the stage, I've played an instrument on the stage.  But never have I ever done any acting or speaking on the stage.  Until now.

I mean, I've done public speaking things.  I've done presentations.  Perhaps stage acting isn't too far of a reach.

It was certainly easy to be part of a production of the Vagina Monologues because I believe in the mission of V-Day.

What was weird was that I didn't actually get nervous until we were just about to step on the stage.  I knew that I had so many people who were in the audience for me.  More than anything, I wanted to make them proud.
Make-up done, jewelry on, ready to rock!
There was only 1 time when I feel like I missed a cue, but it was so slight that I don't think anyone noticed.  Phew!

But it was amazing to see all my beautiful friends after the performance!  Friends from school, friends from different work worlds, friends from bootcamp.  I can't even begin to describe how blessed I felt.  Truly blessed.  Truly loved.
smooched after a fun night out
And truly proud of myself for being part of this!  Who knew that I had this in me?  I had so many friends who were part of the acting world.  I mean, I don't know if I'll be pursuing any other productions, but to be a part of this is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...