Monday, April 2, 2012

21 Til 30 - Memorizing Lines

For the first time EVER, I'm going to be part of a theater production.  I'm SO extremely excited and proud to be part of the Vagina Monologues!
Click on the Image to Buy Tickets!

But, I've never done anything like this before.  Of course I'm quite nervous about wanting to do well.

Today, I started trying to memorize lines in order to prepare for a practice.  We had already read through it several times, I tried different inflections with my voice, and it seemed like I was doing relatively well.

But it's tough.  Having never had to worry about remembering words, it's like a whole new skill I have to learn.

I think for me, I have to think of it like it's my story.  I'm telling the story.  I mean, of course I'm telling the story.  But I'm trying to really feel like the story I'm telling is actually mine.

The issue is that I'm with several other people, and I not only have to remember lines but also cues.  Thank goodness for the several practices.  I think I might ask to practice with my friend who encouraged me to audition.

But for now, I'm just practicing with myself in the mirror, and sometimes in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...