Thursday, April 19, 2012

4 Til 30 - Toesies of the Month - April 2012

Can I just take a step back for a second and talk about 2 things?

My 30th birthday is quickly approaching!!! The last days of my 20's are going to go by in a rushed blur, I'm sure. 

AND...it's possibly going to rain on my birthday!!!! WHY??? I hope it's not as bad as they're predicting, but I'm actually a little bummed about it.

I'm in a production of the Vagina Monologues which is premiering this weekend.  So, that has been taking the bulk of my time.  I feel like this weekend will go by in a flash, and next think you know it'll be my birthday.

I'm excited.  But for perhaps the first time, I'm also nervous.

I've already gotten to do so much in my final month of being in my 20's.  But before I go on and wax poetic, mainly because I want to reserve that for my actual birthday date, let's focus on the now, shall we?

In preparation for the Vagina Monologues, I knew I needed to get my nail did.

Luckily, I had the opportunity to go after work the night before the premiere, and I got to relax instead of feeling incredibly rushed.

This week has also been April Vacation Week for the Boston Public Schools.  The kids (mainly 2 kids in particular) have been driving me crazy.

I NEEDED SPA TIME.
Design time!
Designed at Nails 2000, Jamaica Plain, MA
Color: Sephora by OPI - 212
Occasion: Vagina Monologues
April 2012
I also ended up getting a manicure.  Having done some performances on the stage as a belly dancer, I know that I can't be on the stage without tons of makeup and my nails done.  It was only natural that I had to do this as well.

Alas, I now have to go and pack for the rest of my day.  The idea of this is exciting and worrisome.  I definitely don't want to forget anything.  But I have to pack for bootcamp, after school, and the Vagina Monologues. 

My initial thought is, "How the hell am I going to get away with this?  I've looked like a serious bag lady all week, and it's going to be worse tomorrow."

But then I sit back and realize that I've been pretty much rocking this entire week, as difficult and exhausting as it's been.  And I know I'm going to rock Friday as well, because...well...that's how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...