Monday, November 8, 2010

Cookie Simplicity from My Teen Years

As long as I've made cookies, I've used this cookie recipe that my best friend and I used back in high school.  I don't remember where the recipe came from, but I feel like it was a book she checked out from the LA Public Library.

I've copied the recipe into my personal recipe book, which I've carried with me to all my residences.

These cookies were perhaps my first real venture into baking.  Through this recipe, I learned how to double and triple recipes (since this one only makes about 12 cookies).  Through this recipe, I really learned to appreciate the pleasure of making cookie dough balls.

I recently found some dark chocolate and mint chips and excitedly bought 4 bags.  Though I initially wanted to use them only for brownies, I realized there would be no better way to introduce them into our household than with cookies.
Perhaps a seasonal item, 'tis the season indeed.

With the Boston days getting colder and darker, I really start to get homesick.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I really actually enjoy the autumn here.  That crisp air is like no other, and it just makes you feel alive as you breath it in.  But it also makes me miss my family and friends.

These cookies are almost the embodiment of that feeling.
Nums...
The mix of the old and the new.  Homesickness while walking through a sidewalk filled with crunchy leaves, my scarf wrapped around my neck that stretches to take in any bit of sun.  The tingly fresh air and the comforts of home.

I definitely needed these cookies this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, hello there! What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...